Want to improve the quality of information in your Family Search Family Tree?
There are different solutions for making your well thought out analysis available to others on Family Search, but this is our favorite. We will use the example of documenting a birth event.
1) Create a Proof report for the Birth Event
2) Open the Details page on Family Search for the person of interest
3) In the Sources box, select “Create New Source”
4) Copy an end note citation from the proof report into the “Where the Record Is Found (Citation)” box.
5) Copy the title of the source (we use the title from Evidentia’s reference list) into the “Source Title (Required)” box.
6) Save the source.
Repeat steps 3-6 for each end note.
7) In the Vital Information box, edit the Birth fact
8) Enter a Birth Date and Birth Place based on your well thought out conclusion
9) Copy the Summary Conclusion AND Itemized Research Findings from the Proof report and paste it into the “Reason This Information Is Correct” box
10) Save the Birth Fact
Now you have a well documented fact in Family Search!
The process is similar for fact types that do not appear in the Vital Information box. In Family Search you can add other fact types in the Other Information box. Simply choose a fact type from the drop down list, or choose ‘Custom Fact‘