Evidentia Step by Step
This guide will expose you to the main features of Evidentia, and show you how to get to the target deliverable, the Genealogy Proof Report.
- Select the Document a Source button on the menu bar
- Enter a title for the source. This will be used in the Source List on the right, as well as some reports. The Source Title is the only REQUIRED field on this page.
- Evaluate the provenance of the source; that is, how close it is to the original data. While not required to save a source, it IS required before a conclusion can be written on the Analyze Evidence screen.
- Click the Citation Manager button. This will bring up the Evidentia Templates screen.
- Single-click the desired citation template in the list.
- Click the Select button to populate the citation template screen. Alternately, double-clicking the selection in the list would have had the same results. However the two step process (single-click, then Select) allows you to review the template in the boxes on the right if you wish.
- Populate ALL the data fields to get a complete (and proper) citation.
- Click the save button to populate the source listing (and citation listing) on the main Evidentia screen.
- Verify your source listing and make any desired corrections.
- Save the source listing. A message box will confirm that the record has been saved.
- You should see the source title in the Source Listing on the right side of the Evidentia Screen